Sharing industry news is a great way to serve as an informative resource to your partners and clients. It's also an easy way to stay visible on social media, without having to create the content yourself!
7 steps to get started
- Sign up for email newsletters from your favorite publications /organizations
- Set up Google Alerts on the topics your partner/customers care about. You can even post to social directly from the alerts!
- Share trusted content from social media (NOTE: make sure you know the source is credible)
- Know your audience! Make sure your posts don't alienate your audience. If you want your borrowers to follow your page, don't just post industry news, keep it pertinent to home buyers as well.
- Follow your competition. While you may not want to share their posts, you can click through to the original publisher of the material and share that directly.
- If the information source has a lot of ads from other lenders, consider if the content is worth posting. You don't want your audience clicking on another lender's ad.
- When posting, all you need to do is write an intro and paste the link to the source in the post. An image will auto-populate.
- We have Mortgage Market Updates templates available too! NOTE: These templates are to share verified news from recommended sources only, not your personal opinion. ALWAYS include the link to the source. Otherwise, it can be construed as official communication from Guild Mortgage and the company can be held liable for your statement. (See sample below)
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Housingwire Newsletters
- Mortgage News Daily
- Mortgage Professional America
- Freddie Mac
- Local Business Associations/Journals: for local news
- Share internal communications unless authorized.
- Share opinion pieces or anything considered inflammatory
- Plagiarize content (copy/paste) into your own post. It is illegal and you could be held accountable. Always give attribution to the original source.